9.26.2009

The Horror Begins

So, this is the first post for STOP BEING SO STUPID.

I figured I would just let you in soft by explaining exactly what all of this is supposed to mean, and why it is being done. A long time ago, a doctor [I say, "a doctor," because I neither had nor have a doctor, and he was actually an intern working in the ER] told me that I needed to have an outlet for my stress. I was experiencing chronic costochondritis at the time, and he surmised it was all related to the aforementioned stress. I wasn't really big on stress at the time, and did my best not to let stress interfere with my life, but I took his advice anyway; if it did nothing for me, than I wouldn't be any worse off, right? This outlet manifested itself in the form of a blog. I only made a few posts, and it died rather immediately...and had no impact either way on my health situation.

Now, five years later, stress almost singlehandedly rules my world. After thinking about it long and hard, I finally concluded that all of the problems our nation has been facing lately are not actually corporate monopolies, lobbying, obesity, global warming policy, crime, education, financial reform, health care, and energy issues. It is stupidity. Granted, all of these things are real problems, but the only reason they have become the problems that they are is that we are stupid. If people weren't stupid, we would be dealing with considerably less problems than we are dealing with now, and they would more likely than not be of a different bent...but we're too stupid to realize that, as well. And this is the source of the stress that rules my world, and therefore the world of my wife and our two children. I finally decided that it had to stop, and, that, even if no one cared, I had to speak out and have my thoughts recorded on some tome of uninterestingness.

So here we are.

Here, you will find that someone is trying to give you the straight dope. You won't see any ads on my blog, as I'm not trying to make money. The only thing that cross-advertising should reveal about a source of information is a conflict of interest, and we want as little of that as possible here. Be it known to all, I am not a Democrat. I am not a Republican. Nor am I "not into labels," or any other wishy-washy bullshit like that. I choose my camp after listening to both sides of the debate, checking external sources of information, and then making up my own mind. On some things, I'm liberal, and on others, I'm conservative. Usually, I end up somewhere in the middle; ironically enough, that is usually the finger I throw up when my eardrums hurt from swimming in malarkey.

So, fair reader, ride that middle rail with me now and forever, all the way to Hell and back again. If you don't learn something, which I promise you will [it will just depend on whether or not you wanted to learn it, or if you ever knew in the first place that you did/n't], at least it will be entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Although permission has been granted to post anonymously to leave the free flow of ideas unrestricted, be aware that it is neither encouraged nor received favorably. One shouldn't trust a man in a mask, and the principle is the same. Even posting under a handle is better than being Anonymous. Have the guts to take personal responsibility for your thoughts, or be prepared to not be taken seriously.